Provides easy method for transitioning into other techniques
The rotating twist begins from a Neutral Bow. Turn your forward foot outward
(rotating on the ball of the foot) so that your toes point to the side. At
the same time, bend your rear knee and sink your body so that your rear knee
is 6" off the ground. Your front foot is flat on the floor and you are on
the ball of your rear foot.
Any technique that's a defense against a punch or kick can be run starting
with a rotating twist stance by altering weapons and targets and adding
inserts to get where we need to be in the flow of a particular technique.
Some examples of how it might be used.
- Left hand grab with right cross, while you are in a Left Neutral Bow
(the "wrong" position for Lone Kimono,
Snapping Twig and
- Into twist while pinning hand with my left hand and doing right
elbow into attackers elbow to break elbow and zone out of the punch.
This is the beginning of
Snapping Twig and
altering weapons and targets.
- Right claw to face into frictional pull down attackers arm while
doing left outward hand sword to throat or left eye poke. Can
also use left hand to ward off attackers right punch.
Second move of Snapping Twig
- Right Rear Ball Kick to attackers right knee as we begin to
Cancel Height of attacker. As we land from kick do right
inward/downward hammerfist to face into right outward hand sword
to neck then right elbow sandwich to face.
End of Snapping Twig with a
- Into twist stance again while doing right back knuckle to face
(right arm then checks off attackers left arm), left heel palm
to chest, left Rear Ball Kick to groin into left elbow to face
and cover out.
- Left hand grab with right cross, while you are in Left Neutral Bow
(an alteration of 1. above).
- Right hand grab with left cross, while you are in a Left Neutral Bow
(same stance as 1. and 2. above, but opposite grab & punch).
Forms & Sets